In addition to informing readers about the advantages of outdoor advertising, we also list some shortcomings that exist and how to fix them effectively. Hopefully, with the following sharing of Sixth Sense Media, readers and investors will be able to see and understand the most accurate about this advertising industry.
What is the definition of outdoor advertising?
Outdoor advertising or Out-of-home advertising (OOH ads) is the term for outdoor advertising in English. Literally and simply understood that the media is organized, taking place outside the consumer’s home.
According to evidence and research by the American Outdoor Advertising Association, outdoor locations are where consumers spend up to 70% of their day.
Outdoor advertising means
Today’s outdoor advertising has appeared in many new formats and new forms. Not only are the fixed forms of advertising but also have the ability to flexibly attract the attention of the viewer.
The forms of outdoor advertising are divided into 4 groups as follows:
- Large billboards: Sea types with large size over 40m², placed on high altitude in crowded areas. Suitable for branding for large businesses.
- Street Furniture: Forms of advertising on the street include bus shelters, information stations, kiosks, banners hanging on the street, …
- Transit Advertising: Advertisements are posted outside or inside of vehicles such as buses, taxis, private cars, motorcycles, trucks, …
- POSM (Point Of Sales Material): Promotional items are displayed in many formats: sales booths, flyers, standees, display shelves, gifts, …
Thus, the advantages and disadvantages of outdoor advertising will differ slightly in each form of implementation. However, in the framework of today’s article, Sixth Sense would like to give the advantages of outdoor advertising as well as their disadvantages of general nature and the most complete cover for all the above forms.
The advantage of outdoor advertising
Outdoor advertising is a communication solution built appropriately, meeting the requirements of promoting products and brands for all types of businesses. It is thanks to the following great advantages:
1. Outstanding appearance
The advantage of outdoor advertising is its independence, choosing prime locations that are right in the consumer’s vision, so it always creates an impressive display effect.
Along with the creativity in expression, maquette design makes the conveyed images and advertising content more attractive. If the billboard attracts viewers with impressive size, the mobile advertising on the street can actively “chase” customers.
2. High force
A very important feature of outdoor advertising is that it cannot be “Off” or “Switch channels”. This type of communication cannot be ignored!
Outdoor ads appear on the way you go to work, school, go out, … They appear large in size, or can even move along your itinerary. Whether intentionally or unintentionally, they will be seen while you are walking, stopping at a red light, shopping, or especially during times of heavy traffic.
However, this completely natural force hardly makes customers too uncomfortable and averse like receiving spam messages on phones, computers.
3. Time and frequency of advertising is long and continuous
Outdoor advertising is the most hard working form of communication! They operate for up to 24 / 24h, 7 days / week, 365 days / year.
Taking advantage of every minute, every moment, even the smallest opportunity for viewers to remember you, that is the advantage of outdoor advertising. Seeing many times, being continuously affected by vision and then awareness, outdoor advertising helps investors build and position brands in the minds of consumers.
4. Wide coverage
Another benefit of outdoor advertising can not fail to mention that it is the advertising area that works. As defined, the entire outer space of your home is a place for outdoor advertisements to shine.
Outdoor advertising appeared from small alleyways to big roads, from big cities to small cities. And in particular, investors can completely take the initiative, localize the target reach that their advertisement wants to reach.
5. Unlimited access to customers
The advantage of outdoor advertising is that the advertising solution is not fussy about customers! All the people walking on the street by any means, or those who are shopping in supermarkets, shopping centers, … those are your customers.
With such a wide customer reach, nothing is more suitable to build and increase product and brand awareness than outdoor advertising!
6. Cost diversity
If it is said that outdoor advertising is expensive, it is also true that if it is cheap, it is not wrong. Because expensive or cheap, it depends on the form of advertising you choose, how to deploy and distribute it.
A few million, several tens of millions of dong can also do outdoor advertising. But the big guys like Samsung, Pepsi, Cocacola, … even spend billions of dong and millions of dollars on advertising every year is not enough. So for you to see, all businesses can do outdoor advertising!
The weakness of outdoor advertising
Nothing is 100% perfect and so is outdoor advertising! There are many advantages, but it can not be denied that a few limitations exist of this advertising solution.
Besides the advantages of outdoor advertising, some of the noticeable disadvantages are:
- Affected by factors: weather, people, materials, … affecting the quality of the advertisement.
- Limit on ad content due to limited area.
- The average time to reach a customer is only 3-5 seconds.
- Difficult to measure advertising effectiveness.
- Many regulations related to Laws, implementation permits.
How to overcome limitations and promote the advantages of outdoor advertising
However, you do not need to worry too much because compared to some of these limitations, the advantages that outdoor advertising brings are still great. And we also would like to give some Tips to overcome the disadvantages of outdoor advertising as follows:
- Choosing standard and specialized advertising materials will increase the durability and ensure that the advertisement is always beautiful.
- The advertising design is short, emphasizing the main idea, product image, brand name, slogan is impressive and easy to remember.
- Develop an advertising plan suitable for both the purpose and the budget.
- Track advertising effectiveness through the number of visitors, product awareness, brand in the market.
- Selecting advertising areas, advertising routes, quantity and suitable advertising time.
And the most effective way to do it is to seek advice from experts with experience in the field! With over 10 years of experience, hundreds of projects, large and small, have been implemented, not claiming to be No. 1, but every business problem that needs to be solved in an outdoor advertising campaign, Sixth Sense Media can solve!
For the fastest advice and answers, please contact us immediately:
THE SIXTH SENSE MEDIA., JSC
Address: No. 6 Nguyen Cong Tru, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
Hotline: 0934 519 516
Ho Chi Minh office
Address: Room 301, Floor 3, 459 Su Van Hanh, Ward 12, District 10, HCMC
Hotline: 0982 513 898