Have you ever wondered how radio commercials survive in a tech age? Whether they have to “wrestle” to attract the attention of investors? Then with Sixth Sense explore in this article and it may contain many truths that make you surprised!
1. What is radio advertising?
Radio advertising simply understands a combination of sounds to convey information, messages about products, services or brands to listeners. This is a form of communication that has been formed and used for a long time.
At first, radio advertising was only broadcast through cassette radios – an item that used to be essential in every home, especially in Vietnam. But now, listening to radio, listening to radio ads has become more popular through car radio system, online radio.
2. Forms of radio advertising
Seemingly simple, radio ads are also divided into many forms. This helps investors to easily identify and choose the most appropriate way of presenting their communication messages and stories.
Types of radio advertising that are being used popularly in Vietnam include:
2.1. Live mention
Live mentions are radio advertisements that are mentioned directly through quotes from the broadcasters on the show. Of course, they will be integrated skillfully, led by relevant information to lead to the introduction of products and services.
Although there is no sound or music attached, professional broadcasters will always know how to press in your voice to get more attention on your advertising.
2.2. Radio Ads and Radio Trailer
This is the most popular and used form of radio advertising today. The advertising samples will be scripted, built according to stories and situations. Investors raise the problem, specify the cause and then the main solution is to use their products or services.
This advertising style uses a combination of words, sound, music, so it is extremely attractive, attracting high attention from the audience.
2.3. Category advertising sponsored
Sponsored Category is a form of advertising for businesses with large media budgets. Your product name, brand name will be repeated many times before, in the middle and at the end of the sponsorship program. The form of advertising that builds and increases brand awareness is especially good.
3. Radio modes in Vietnam
The radio system in Vietnam is currently transmitted through the following 2 methods:
- AM (Amplitude modulation): has frequencies from 530 KHZ to 1600 KHZ. AM usually attracts older listeners (typically over 40). The sound quality of the AM system is not as good as FM, so it is not normally used for music playback. However, the advantage of this system is that it can be broadcast far.
- FM (Frequency meduraltion): This system was born later than AM but quickly occupied a large audience. Thanks to good sound quality and fidelity. FM listeners have a lower average age than AM (25-35 years old). So this system is an effective communication channel for businesses to reach their target customers.
4. Popular radio advertising channel in Vietnam
For businesses that want to refer to the channels that broadcast radio ads with the highest frequency in the country, such as: VOV Traffic, VOH, VOV1,2,3,4, … Among them , VOV Traffic is the most popular radio channel.
VOV Traffic has a coverage area with a radius of 100km from the center of Hanoi city and a radius of 200km from the center of Ho Chi Minh City, transmitting radio information to more than 7,000,000 people in Hanoi. 8,000,000 people in Ho Chi Minh and more than 2,000,000 people in neighboring provinces.
Up to 85% of cars and 100% of buses and taxis in Hanoi turn on VOV Traffic during peak hours, so at least 1 million people in traffic constantly listen to VOV Giao Thong Hanoi.
According to survey data of Kanta Media, VOV Giao has been continuously the top radio channel in Vietnam for the past four years.
5. Why radio advertising is still popular in modern times?
As technology took the throne, from outdoor to indoors, from television to the Internet in fierce competition, many people wondered where the fate of radio advertising was going. No images, no color to draw in, how radio ads can hold listeners?
- But the reality has proven the exact opposite! Radio advertising still has enduring vitality, even growing stronger in modern life. It is thanks to the advantages and improvements:Approach exactly the target group of customers through choosing channels and broadcasts.
- It is still accepted even when users are doing other work, they simply listen without having to follow the images but still enough to understand the content.
- The sound has the ability to have deep impact, creating a longer lasting memory than the picture.
- Lower ignore rates compared to TV commercials.
- Radio advertisements have now been received through more media.
6. Radio advertising quotes
Radio advertising costs are divided into 30s, 45s, 60s, 90s, 120s, … Quotations will vary depending on the duration, time and channel of advertising. Among the radio advertisements, the quotes of the category sponsorship will be higher.
On average, radio advertising quotes will range from 4 million – 12 million / 10 advertising spots. Category sponsorship will have a higher difference of 10 million – 20 million / pack (the brand name appears at the beginning, middle, end and the 120s advertisement between the program).
However, for advice and to receive the most detailed and accurate quotation for each advertising channel, please contact:
7. The secret to making radio advertising more attractive
If you say radio advertising is outdated and ineffective, it’s just because you haven’t found the right way! There is no form of advertising that is useless if it is researched and implemented methodically.
To make radio advertising more effective, we have shared a few basic tips as follows:
- Select channel and broadcast time: Defining the right channel and when to air is how you define your potential audience. Peak hours on VOV traffic are chosen by many businesses, but if you are a small brand selling children’s goods, you can choose to broadcast in children’s programs at a cheaper price..
- Build an attractive advertising scenario: Condense all the words because they are the only bridge to the customer. Usually, a script with humorous content or 2 or more leads will have a higher level of reception.
- Notice effects about music, noise: Don’t forget to incorporate noises or music to increase attention. If possible, you can hire to compose your own song, but if you use existing music, remember to pay attention to copyright.
- Using the lines of famous broadcasters and actors: The familiar voices will make the advertisement become familiar, and win the hearts of the audience.
Radio advertisements are the traditional but never outdated advertising medium! Customers change their habit of receiving information and advertise on radio quickly. The important thing lies in what businesses use, how to make their advertising really attractive to the public.
And if you are looking for a professional radio advertising agency that can help you achieve this, then it is Sixth Sense Media! With more than 10 years of experience in the profession, we receive booking and provide radio advertising services package on many different radio channels.
All new details please contact:
THE SIXTH SENSE MEDIA., JSC
Address: No. 6 Nguyen Cong Tru, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
Hotline: 0934 519 516
Ho Chi Minh office
Address: Room 301, Floor 3, 459 Su Van Hanh, Ward 12, District 10, HCMC
Hotline: 0982 513 898